The Longfellow Fitness and Nutrition Consultations have proven to be an important benefit to Longfellow members because it establishes a baseline of fitness measurements that assists the Longfellow staff in creating a customized exercise program that helps you achieve your health goals.
The Longfellow Fitness Consultation package costs $90 and includes four 90-minute consultations—one at the beginning of your membership and the remaining three are given every three months. Each Fitness Consultation is an in-depth health screening to ensure every member finds a safe and effective way to exercise and includes the following:
- A cardiovascular assessment to evaluate how efficiently your heart and lungs function during exercise
- Flexibility and strength limitation testing
- Muscular endurance testing
- Evaluation of blood pressure and resting heart rate
- Total body measurements
- Body composition analysis
The above measurements provide a fitness baseline for you that will demonstrate to you the improvement you are making toward better health through your Longfellow fitness program.
Longfellow New Member Nutrition Consultation
Nutrition is an important part of a successful fitness plan and the Nutrition Consultation offers:
- Cholesterol and blood sugar screening
- A full review of your current eating habits
- A customized and scientifically based plan to support you in achieving your goals.
The only requirements are to:
- Provide your birthday & insurance ID # so we can check your nutrition benefit
- Call your PCP for a referral when necessary
- Give Longfellow permission to bill your health insurance plan for your consultation
Rachel Wencek, Nutrition Administrator, or Jane Polley MS RD, LDN will contact you to schedule your nutrition consultation with Janna Yamron MS RD, LDN or with Jane. You can also email Jane at JaneLongfellowNutrition@gmail.com
We know that nutrition is an important part of any successful fitness plan so if you don’t have the coverage, you are still eligible for the session. BUT, the first required step is to explore & take advantage the insurance benefit.
Our members are often surprised to learn that most major health plans cover nutritional counseling. Many plans even include nutrition under affordable care. This promotes easy follow up and even better results.
Assuming your insurance plan covers nutrition, we ask you to agree to do the following:
- Allow Longfellow to bill your health insurance for the nutrition consultation.
- If you are on a plan that requires a referral from your primary care physician, please call your doctor’s office for a referral. To make this easier, the dietitian’s NPI provider number & our fax # is listed below.
- Give the RD a minimum of 24 hours notice for to reschedule or cancel the appointment.
NOTE: Longfellow professionals follow all HIPPA regulations to protect your privacy.
HEALTH INSURANCE INFORMATION:
Insurance Plan Name:
ID Number: (Not the group #-the ID usually begins with a letter prefix, except UHC & Fallon)
We will help you to schedule a session with:
Janna Yamron MS RD, LDN (Longfellow-Wayland) NPI provider #: 1093901563
Jane Polley MS RD, LDN (Longfellow-Natick & Wayland) NPI provider #: 1124192505
FAX #: (508) 358-6099